|Grilled Chicken Pecan Salad with Granny Smith Apple Dressing||
- 2 skinless boneless chicken breast halves (about 1 pound)
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 1/2 teaspoons mild honey
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped shallot
- 5 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/3 cup finely diced Granny Smith apple
- 1 cup seedless red grapes, halved if desired
- 1/2 cup Texas Pecans (4 ounces), toasted
- 1 celery rib, thinly sliced
- To Serve:
- Endive head, leaves separated
- pkg 3 “ square Won Ton Wrappers
- Olive Oil
- To make Crispy Cups:
- Preheat oven to 325°F. Place wonton squares on work surface; brush lightly with oil. Press each into miniature muffin cup, oiled side down. Bake until wonton cups are golden brown, about 10 minutes. Cool completely in tins. (Can be made 3 days ahead. Remove cups from tins and store airtight at room temperature.)
- Bring 2 inches of water with 2 teaspoons salt to a boil in a 2-quart heavy saucepan. Add chicken and poach at a bare simmer, partially covered, until just cooked through, 12 to 14 minutes.
- While chicken poaches, whisk together lemon juice, honey, and 1/2 teaspoon salt in a bowl until honey and salt have dissolved. Whisk in shallot and oil, then whisk in apple.
- Divide lettuce, grapes, walnuts, and celery between 2 plates and drizzle with half of vinaigrette. Slice chicken and put on top of salads, then drizzle with remaining vinaigrette.